Here’s a silky, creamy, perfectly smooth peanut butter cream cheese frosting that compliments… well… everything! It’s pipeable, and is great to just eat with a spoon! It's totally keto friendly and low-FODMAP to boot.
When I say ‘creamy’, I’m not kidding! The combination of butter, cream cheese and keto friendly peanut butter makes the texture of this low-carb frosting like silk. It’s not a super sweet frosting – I only use ¾ cup of powdered sweetener (I like to use Swerve Confectioners as a confectioners sugar substitute). If you like a sweeter frosting, you can always add more to taste. And, if you're looking for more delicious keto peanut butter treats, try some Flourless Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I originally whipped this up to frost a keto cookie cake. Who doesn’t love that peanut butter cookie flavor in a cake! Honestly, you don’t need a cake for this frosting. I use it on my Easy Keto Brownies and also can’t resist just dunking a spoon into it.
Even though this peanut butter frosting with cream cheese sets up really well in the fridge, it’s perfect for spreading at room temperature.
I think once you make this recipe, you’ll look for any reason to make more. But do you really need a reason beyond simply LOVING it?
Other chocolate dessert recipes you might like
- Deep Dish Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Sauce - Dairy-Free
- Chocolate Almond Flour Mug Cake
- Easy Keto Brownies
This post contains affiliate links. As an Instacart and Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- Soften the butter and cream cheese to room temperature.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla and cacao, if using.
- Add the sweetener about ¼ cup at a time.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- At this time, it should be perfect for frosting or piping. It will set up quickly in the fridge.
*Net carbs = carbohydrates - fiber
Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools and does not include optional ingredients unless otherwise indicated.